Sunday, November 22, 2009

Blazers Find Redemption Against Minnesota

Last night the Trail Blazers returned home for a game against the Minnesota Timberwolves. After a devastating loss to Golden State the previous night, the Blazers were looking to bounce back against a team they had beaten in each match up so far this season.

Starting Five:

Brandon Roy
LaMarcus Aldridge
Greg Oden
Steve Blake
Martell Webster


No, that wasn't a typo. McMillan decided to switch up the starting line up last night based on the need for a stronger second unit with Travis Outlaw out of the game and last night it worked like a charm.

I am proud to give top honors of the night to my man. Martell Webster! Webster had a career best game with his first double - double! He tallied 21 points, 13 rebounds and 2 assists. What a game for Marty and not to mention he was the Chalupa man of the night upon his dunk off of Juwan Howard's miss. Webster has definitely had a rough start to this season which is understandable to a point seeing as how he was injured for basically all of last season. It's really nice to see Martell back in old form and I think this line up will allow him to thrive. Webster credited his fantastic night to his teammates saying, "Nobody on this team is selfish, when someone gets hot they get goin' to that person and it's out of respect, you know, if you've got a hot hand keep feelin' the ball and we do that, I mean we play as a team but at the same time if there's somebody playin' good we roll with that."


Brandon Roy once again took the silver. He tallied 18 points and 5 rebounds. He was definitely happy to see the old line up back saying, "Of course I like it, I'm back in my natural position." Steve Blake and Joel Przybilla each tacked on 14 points and Greg Oden tallied 16 points. Blake had a great night shooting 5 - 7 from the field and 4 - 6 from 3-point range. The team did an excellent job holding back the Timberwolves last night. They yielded only 78 points. We were 1 point away from a 30 point blowout. Blazers ended up winning the contest 106 - 78. The team seemed to have it back on track in the late 3rd and 4th quarter after allowing the TWolves to sneak back up and even taking the lead at one point, but they were able to keep it together and come away with a win.

NOW onto more important matters such as Rudy Fernandez's meet & greet at Cascade Station today! I was woken up this morning by my good friend Sammi, (Rudy's biggest fan) who is now living in New York, who commanded me (like she had to) to go to a meet & greet with Rudy as was posted on the Blazer's twitter feed. I was lucky to find a couple of other friends who were available on short notice and went down to Cascade Station at 1:30 for a 2 - 3 PM event. The line was actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Here are some pictures I was able to catch from the event:

 
What a nice guy! I had my friend Sammi on the phone when I went up to him and got him to say hi, although she started talking really fast and I doubt he understoof a word she said. If you ever get the chance definitely take the opportunity to meet and talk with Rudy! I was really glad to have been able to get to this signing since I had to miss Brandon Roy's and Andre Miller's! BIG thanks goes out to the Blazers and Verizon Wireless for making this event happen! Also shout out to Casey Holdahl who I spotted laughing at us fan girls and taking pictures and notes of the event!

Anywho onto pictures from last night's game:






 
 
 
 
 
Man I love my camera! Those were taken from the 300 level! Anyway, the Blazers next play the Chicago Bulls on Monday at 7 PM PST! The game will be aired on Comcast Sportsnet and 95.5 the Game!

(Pictures Yahoo Sports & Myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment